Welcoming Christmas



* All photographs above are from Ideal Home

We all like our homes to be welcoming at Christmas Time, after all first impressions are the most important so why not decorate your hallway/entrance with lots of Christmas cheer. The natural look is always the nicest, maybe some pine cones, Christmas wreaths and garlands, holly, ivy, misteloe, a small Christmas tree or plant, then add some red ribbon, bows, bells, glitter and decorations. Some christmas scented candles create a lovely smell but be careful lightling them while they are unattended, so maybe on the safer side opt for some christmas pot pourri, of cinnamon, orange slices and spices. You could try and make your own, here are some good recipes and ideas I came across at the Daisy Shop. From now until Christmas I am going to collect pine cones and be on the look out for holly and mistletoe for nearer to Christmas time. If you have any Christmas decorating ideas or crafts, I'd love if you would share them with us.

5 comments:

  1. I love decorating my house and I have got some really useful tips from you...thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait until my he-man hubby gets the Christmas boxes down from the attic and I can go wild decorating! I've posted a couple of Christmas craft ideas on my blog if you'd like to check them out...or just to say "hi" !

    sweetjeanette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely ideas, thanks for sharing them. I suppose I'd better start thinking festive thoughts too!! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there :)

    I'm so looking forward to decorating my home for Christmas and this was a wonderful dose of inspiration!

    Thank you so much for always leaving me such kind comments :)

    rue

    ReplyDelete
  5. The christmas decorating is usually left to me in my house, but this year I might get my mother to help me out. I love decorating the tree and arranging the holly on the mantlepiece.

    All things nice...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment, I do love receiving comments :)

Pages

Popular Posts